Want to make a difference in the lives of children and youth? Then, you need to be here.
It’s working! Youth and adults are changing how they see themselves and their communities. Caring and connected adults are giving youth the ability to thrive amidst life’s challenges. Kaleidoscope Connect gives adults a “full-color lens,” providing a better understanding of youth and the daily battles they face: bullying, drugs, alcohol, suicidal
ideation, etc.. This renewed clarity gives adults the tools and opportunities to connect with youth as they grow in meaningful and measurable ways.
Who should attend? Anyone who works with children and youth, whether in a school, family-serving organization, faith-based community, are a parent, relative or friend of a teen. We also encourage teens/young adults to join us.
** Phase 1 and Phase 2 will happen concurrently; participants must select one of these Academies to attend, depending on their prior training level. **
Phase 1 Academy For people new to Kaleidoscope Connect, this session provides a solid introduction into our framework, principles, and practices. During this session, participants will...
- Learn about the power of Kaleidoscope Connect’s Integrative Youth Development framework
- Practice methods for connecting with youth and helping them self-activate their webs of support
- Discover measurable data collection & analysis tools
Phase 2 Academy For people who have had previous formal training with Kaleidoscope Connect. During this session, participants will...
- Deepen understanding of Kaleidoscope Connect’s Integrative Youth Development framework
- Practice how to analyze the Student Support Card assessment data and coach youth and adults more effectively
What’s the cost? Registration fee covers two full days of hands-on training, materials & Monday evening reception (no-host bar)
- Adult Only - $249
- Student Only (high school or college) - $89
- Adult + Student together - $315 total
LODGING: Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa — When making your reservation, use the block name, November CARE and Prosper Grant Training, to receive the block rate of $99.00 + tax per night.
AIRFARE: When booking Alaska Airlines flights to Anchorage for this Academy, use the code ECMX299 to receive a 7% discount. The discount code is good for arrival/departure 3 days before and after the event.
Who are the facilitators?
- Derek Peterson has almost four decades of experience as a child/youth advocate in Alaska and worldwide. He guides local, state, national, and international policy makers and program leaders to see and understand youth through a new lens. Derek created Integrative Youth Development and its Student Support Card assessment, transforming the complexity of youth development into an easy-to-understand framework that guides the best practices of numerous programs, communities, and school districts through Brightways Learning's Kaleidoscope Connect.
- Amy McDonald has more than two decades of experience in K-12 education, including English Language Learning, classroom teaching, Lead Teacher, and School Counselor. She has a Bachelor’s in Linguistics, a K-8 Type B Teaching Certification, and a Master’s in K-12 School Counseling.
- David Pavish has 20 years of experience with youth in direct care and administration in both the private and public sector, which has equipped him with a unique lens. His training from some of the top youth and experiential education professionals in the U.S. and Canada provides him with a solid understanding of what youth need to succeed.
Educators can receive 1.0 CEUs from the University of Alaska system for their successful attendance and participation in either our Phase 1 or Phase 2 Academy during this training event. Course credit fee through UAA is $74.
Please register for the applicable course BEFORE November 14!
Semester: Fall 2016