Are you ready to cultivate caring and connected schools and communities? Then join us for this professional learning event!
Kaleidoscope Connect's research-based Integrative Youth Development (IYD)™ framework, principles, and practices have the power to change the trajectory of your students' lives. We work alongside youth and adults to build a support network that cultivates caring and connected schools and communities.
Phase 1 Academy
Introduction to the Integrative Youth Development (IYD)™ Framework and the Student Support Card™
This interactive two-day session will provide you with a solid introduction to our framework, principles, and practices. It will guide you to measurably engage all sectors of your community to increase the level of support for students. This common-sense approach to recognizing, appreciating, and amplifying what is strong about students and the world around them changes outcomes and lives.
You will evaluate “the other side of the report card” to measure the impacts of SEL related programs and services, as well as the other critical metrics necessary for students to succeed in school and in society.
We will demonstrate and provide practices and procedures that will decrease negative attitudes and behaviors, and increase positive outcomes. You will receive tools and will practice strategies to support adults in connecting with students, and for students to reach back and connect with adults. We will give you the metrics and their measures to understand what is working, and what is not.
The result? Resilient youth and adults who are equipped to support them.
During the Academy, you will:
- Learn about the power of Kaleidoscope Connect’s Integrative Youth Development™ (IYD) framework.
- Learn proven practices that will decrease negative behaviors and encourage positive outcomes.
- Receive tools and practice strategies for connecting with students and enabling them to build Webs of Support that help them thrive socially, emotionally, and academically.
- Practice methods for interpreting, presenting, and teaching individuals across community sectors to share the responsibility for preparing children and youth for an unknown future.
- Discover the power of the online Student Support Card's measurable data collection and analysis tools.
- Leave with a renewed energy and passion for working with and supporting youth.
Learning materials and resources are included.
Who should attend?
Adults who work with and support children and youth and are interested in: raising student achievement and graduation rates; strengthening families; mitigating Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs); reducing violence, drugs, and alcohol use; preventing suicide; increasing resiliency; supporting teen parents; reducing bullying behaviors. We also encourage teens/young adults to join us.
What’s the cost?
The registration fee covers two full days of hands-on training, materials, and lunch.
- Adult Only - $349
- Student Only (high school or college) - $89
- Adult + Student together - $415
LODGING: Coming Soon
AIRFARE: Coming Soon
About the facilitator
Derek Peterson is the founder of Integrative Youth Development (IYD), and it's common sense methodologies for impacting the lives of individual children and youth. His internationally-recognized work has been engaging and supporting teens, families, schools, and communities for over 30 years.
Join us for a Kaleidoscope Phase 2 Academy in May!