Phase 1.5 Academy
Gain a Better Understanding of the Integrative Youth Development (IYD)™ Framework and its Web of Support™
This one-day “deeper look” session was created because a weather event shortened Indiana’s Phase 1 training in January 2018.
Kaleidoscope Connect offers the Integrative Youth Development (IYD)™ research-based framework, principles, and practices to improve students' school success and resilience and help them thrive. We guide and assist you in developing support networks for students. We support you in achieving your social-emotional learning goals and objectives. We offer a reliable and meaningful measure of the impact of your collective school and community resources on student achievement and civility. We measure the impact of programs and practices where youth and adults together build and sustain a support network within caring and connected schools and communities.
This workshop will deepen your ability to translate the IYD framework, principles, and practices into the lives of individual children and teens. It will guide your efforts to compel individuals from all sectors of your community to thicken the Webs of Supports for students. It will support you in better recognizing, appreciating, and amplifying the most effective parts of youth-serving efforts, programs, and practices.
You will better understand the implications of “the other side of the report card” and its valuable place within the formula for ensuring that students succeed in school, society, and life.
During the Academy, you will:
- Engage with colleagues, refreshing your knowledge of the power of the Integrative Youth Development™ (IYD) framework.
- Create, review, and consider ways to promote lateral thinking that can change minds and inform professional practice(s).
- Consider a current youth-related event in the region, and reframe the event through IYD’s full-color lens.
- Practice methods for interpreting, presenting, and teaching individuals across community sectors.
- Practice role in becoming an Anchor to more students, as well as students who are different than the ones that you are accustomed to Anchoring.
- Leave with a renewed energy and passion for working with and supporting youth.
Learning materials and resources are included.
Who should attend?
Adults and teens who are able to “deliver” the Integrative Youth Development™ napkin talk; who have a basic understanding of the meaning of ROYGIBV and how they interrelate to form a Web of Support for a teen.
What’s the cost?
The registration fee covers one full day of hands-on training, materials, and lunch.
Phase 1.5 only
Adult only- $149
Student only: $59
Adult + Student $179
Sign up for Phase 1.5 and Phase 2 and SAVE $49! Completion of Phase 1 or 1.5 Academy is a prerequisite to attending Phase 2
Phase 1.5 & Phase 2
Adult only- $549
Student only: $99
Adult + Student $599