Each workshop nurtures skills to see beneath the surface and move to the core of what students need to thrive, while helping raise professional satisfaction for teachers and other school staff.
1 Continuing Education Credit (via UAA) per workshop is available; Fee must be paid by the participant. Registration information will be provided to attendees in advance of event.
- Registration Fee — $249
- Lodging in Alyeska — If staying at the Alyeska Resort, mention Brightways Learning to receive a discounted rate of $159/night + tax. Full prepayment of the stay is required at the time of reservation. Deposit is fully refundable up to 48 hours prior to 4:00PM on the scheduled day of arrival. Guests may call Room Reservations to make individual reservations at 907-754-2111 or 800-880-3880. You must book by May 10, 2018 to receive the discounted rate.
- Flights — If flying to Anchorage on Alaska Airlines, use the code ECMZ545 to receive 5% when booking your itinerary.
- To bolster educators’ rapport building skills that increase trust and efficacy in their students’ learning
- To teach educators responsive skills that elicit change
- To align educators with a restorative mindset
- To show educators how to create and maintain a positive school environment
- To give educators a social emotional structure easy to implement in all classes and throughout their school
- To build a congruent communication system within a positive school environment
- To develop personal energy and wellness strategies for teaching longevity
Resilient Educators I
Co-led by Cristal McGill and David "Pav" Pavish
For teachers, staff, and school administrators who have not participated in one or more similar Brightways Learning offerings.
This workshop will lead participants beyond black and white, diagnostic labels to understanding the developmental ecologies of themselves and their students in meaningful, memorable, and measurable ways.
You can expect a workshop designed with experiential activities to amplify personal and professional strengths. Explore emotional first aid options for your student’s; and walk through approaches that help regulate personal emotional reactions. In addition to building effective skills that build resilience, we’re betting you’ll leave rejuvenated and inspired to try new things.
Resilient Educators II
Co-led by Amy McDonald, Kerrie Carl, and Derek Peterson
For teachers, staff, and school administrators who have participated in one or more similar Brightways Learning offerings in June (2016 & 2015).
Educators often think regularly about student engagement and resiliency, but don’t often get the time and support to focus on their own. In this workshop, you’ll get the opportunity to do that!
Research shows there’s a correlation between the school’s support for their educators and the job performance and satisfaction of their educators. This workshop will advance educator resiliency - personally and professionally. You will reflect on your own Web of Support inside and outside of school, and you will discover the dynamic balancing act between those two Webs. You will be introduced to - and participate in - the “teacher support card,” a survey of your “developmental ecology” as an educator. It’s like “the other side of your evaluation.” You will walk away with seeing your own strengths and a plan with strategies for growing your own Webs of Support.