Each seminar nurtures skills to see beneath the surface and move to the core of what students need to thrive, while helping raise professional satisfaction for teachers and other school staff.
1 Continuing Education Credit (via UAA) per Seminar is available; Fee must be paid by the participant. Registration information will be provided to attendees in advance of event.
- Registration Fee — $249
- Lodging @Alyeska — Reserve by MAY 15 to receive a discounted rate of $159+tax; mention Brightways Learning when calling to book for the block rate.
- Flights — If flying to Anchorage on Alaska Airlines, use the code ECMX300 to receive 5% when booking your itinerary.
- To bolster educators’ rapport building skills that increase trust and efficacy in their students’ learning
- To teach educators responsive skills that elicit change
- To align educators with a restorative mindset
- To show educators how to create and maintain a positive learning environment
- To give educators a social emotional structure easy to implement in all classes and throughout their school
- To build a congruent communication system within a positive learning environment
- To develop personal energy and wellness strategies for teaching longevity
Resilient Educators I
Co-led by Cristal McGill, Lisa Kerscher, and Jennifer Lutey
For teachers, staff, and school administrators who have not participated in one or more similar Brightways Learning offerings in June (2016 & 2015).
This seminar will lead participants beyond black and white, diagnostic labels to understanding the developmental ecologies of themselves and their students in meaningful, memorable, and measurable ways.
You can expect a seminar designed with experiential activities to amplify personal and professional strengths. Explore emotional first aid options for your student’s; and walk through approaches that help regulate personal emotional reactions. In addition to building effective skills that build resilience, we’re betting you’ll leave rejuvenated and inspired to try new things.
Resilient Educators II
Co-led by Derek Peterson, Amy McDonald, and David Pavish
For teachers, staff, and school administrators who have participated in one or more similar Brightways Learning offerings in June (2016 & 2015).
You know the Integrative Youth Development (IYD)TM framework and how it both describes and creates resiliency in your students. Now, you’re wondering how IYD can build your own resiliency as an educator and create rich web-building ecologies within your schools. In this session, we will reflect on research about teacher resiliency through an IYD lens and explore together what “teachers need to succeed.” We will practice and expand on the art of anchoring to facilitate your own web-building, including the process of PHull Color Inquiry. The session will be a mix of presentation, exploration, and practice to organize the protective people, principles, and powers needed to thicken webs of supports.